- First Name
- Last Name
- University of Turku
- Website URL
- cultural history, early modern Europe, history, racism, England, Finland, esotericism
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- My research focuses on early modern cultural history (religion, bodiliness, gender). I have also written on the history of racism in Finland. I'm currently working on 1890s esotericism in Finland. I am ready to comments on topics relating to these.
- About Me
My PhD focused on Henrician Reformation, and I published it as Religious Life and English Culture in the Reformation (Palgrave 2002). My second English monograph was Breast Cancer in the Eighteenth Century (Pickering & Chatto 2013). I’ve worked on women’s spaces, bodiliness and friendship. My Finnish books have dealt with Early Modern cultural history, history of racism in Finland, and historial methods.
I am currently working on a group of women friends in fin-de-siècle Finland, focusing on the history of friendship. From that project sprang my current book project on spiritualism in Helsinki in the 1890s.
- Recent Publications
For more, please consult my homepage
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- England, Western Europe
- Expertise by Chronology
- 18th century, 19th century, Early Modern
- Expertise by Topic
- Gender, Religion, Sexuality, Women