- First Name
- Dawn Alexandrea
- Last Name
- United States
- HI Hawaii
- Department of Defense Contractor
- Website URL
- Security, American Foreign Policy, Arctic, Antarctic, Polar Regions, Greenland, Diplomatic History, Mining, Natural Resources, War, 20th Century Conflict, WWI, WWII, Korean War, Aviation, Technology, Monroe Doctrine, Western Hemisphere
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
- Recent Publications
Berry, Dawn Alexandrea, Nigel Bowles, and Halbert Jones, eds. The Governance of the North American Arctic: Sovereignty, Security, and Institutions. London: Palgrave-MacMillan, 2016.
Berry, Dawn Alexandrea. “Knowledge Base: Polar Explorers and the Integration of Science, Security, and US Foreign Policy in Greenland from the Great War to the Cold War.” in Cold Science: Environmental Knowledge in the North American Arctic during the Cold War, edited by S. Bocking et al. New York: Routledge, 2018. (In Press)
Berry, Dawn Alexandrea. “Business Interrupted: Remote Resources and Environmental Knowledge Flows in Times of Global Crisis (Alcan and Greenland 1940-1945),” Business History (Early View) http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00076791.2016.1174693. 1-20.
Berry, Dawn Alexandrea. “The Monroe Doctrine and the Governance of Greenland.” in The Governance of the North American Arctic: Sovereignty, Security, and Institutions, edited by D. Berry, N. Bowles, and H. Jones. London: Palgrave-MacMillan, 2016. 103-121.
Berry, Dawn Alexandrea. “Cryolite: Lessons from History for Contemporary Practice.” Proceedings Artek Event 2013: Sustainability in Mining in the Arctic. Copenhagen: Technical University Denmark, 2013. 1-6.
Berry, Dawn Alexandrea. “Cryolite, the Canadian Aluminum Industry, and the American Occupation of Greenland during the Second World War.” The Polar Journal 2.2 (December 2012): 218-235.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Greenland, Virgin Islands, Arctic, Antarctica
- Expertise by Geography
- Atlantic, British Isles, Caribbean, China, England, Japan, Korea, North America, Pacific, Scandinavia, United Kingdom, United States, Western Europe
- Expertise by Chronology
- 19th century, 20th century, 21st century
- Expertise by Topic
- American Presidents, Colonialism, Diplomacy, Environment, Government, Military, Politics, Science, Technology, World War I, World War II