- First Name
- Last Name
- United States
- Website URL
- Interwar Central and Eastern Europe, Nursing, Medicine, Transnational Networks, Jewish History and Culture, Migration and Borders, and Humanitarianism. Modern European History.
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- other credentials
- About Me
Lindsey Harris is a Historian, Educator, and Lifelong Learner. She holds a M.A. in History from Tulane University and a B.A. in Political Science from Loyola University New Orleans. From 2021-2022, she served as a conference liaison for SHAFR. Ms. Harris served as an Instructor in the Fall of 2020 for HISE-2910-01: The Cold War. Her goal as a historian is to examine history as an active process of forgetting and remembering. Her work emphasizes the use of correspondences and humanitarian aid reports to rediscover narratives on women leaders who are omitted from the historical record.
She is a member of the following professional associations:
The Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations (SHAFR).
German Studies Association (GSA).
American Association for the History of Nursing (AAHN).
- Recent Publications
- Harris, Lindsey. Rezension von/compte rendu de: Leo van Bergen, Eric Vermetten (ed.), The First World War and Health: Rethinking Resilience, Leiden (Koninklijke Brill NV) 2020, VIII-520 p., 85 ill., 3 tabl., ISBN 978-90-04-42417-3, USD 184.00., in Francia-Recensio, April 2023.
- Harris, Lindsey. “The Nursing Students Only Speak Russian, French, and German!” The Effects of Poland’s Partitions, Bismarck’s Kulturkampf, and Wilson’s Liberal Internationalism on Nursing in Interwar Warsaw. Nursing History Review. Vol. 31. Hidden in Plain Sight Series. January 2023.
- Harris, Lindsey. “The School of Nursing at Starozakonnych Hospital in Interwar Warsaw: How Amelia Greenwald and Sabina Schindlerówna Challenged Antisemitism in the Nursing Profession.” 24 June 2021. Nursing Clio.org
- Harris, Lindsey. “Die Krankenpflegeschule des Starozakonnych-Krankenhauses in der Zwischenkriegszeit in Warschau.” Pflege Professionell, Ausgabe 24. 5 September 2021.
- Harris, Lindsey; Czeblakow, Agnieszka; Velasquez, Alan; & Windham, Joshua. “Lindsey Harris and the Amelia Greenwald Papers. TUSC Researcher Spotlight, Ep. 1.” 9 August 2021. https://youtu.be/Tuq-CaVh0FY
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Expertise by Geography
- Eastern Europe, Germany
- Expertise by Chronology
- 5, 7, 8, 9
- Expertise by Topic
- Gender, Holocaust & Nazi Persecution, Human Rights, Medicine, Migration & Immigration, Women, World War I, World War II