- First Name
- Melina Antonia
- Last Name
- University of Stavanger, Norway / KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Website URL
- Nordic environmental cooperation, environmental movements, Nordic history, environmental history and politics, international organisations, nuclear history
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
I am an international and environmental historian, and postdoctoral researcher in environmental history at The Greenhouse at the University of Stavanger, Norway.
Currently, I am PI of ‘Nuclear Nordics: Radioactive Waste Spatialities, Materialities and Societies in the Nordic Region, 1960s to 1990s’, funded by the Research Council of Norway (324293) – you can read more about the project here. As part of this research project, I am visiting postdoc at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, from 2021 to 2023.
Feel free to get in touch in English, any Scandinavian language, and German.
- Recent Publications
Buns, Melina Antonia. “On the disillusionment with ‘environmental’ research – and current opportunities,” Environmental History Now, 06 May 2021.
Buns, Melina Antonia. “The Emergence of Nordic Environmental Cooperation, 1967-1974,” nordics.info, 07 April 2021.
Buns, Melina Antonia. “Green Internationalists: Nordic Environmental Cooperation, 1967-1988.” PhD Dissertation, University of Oslo, 2020. (Defended, 04 June 2021)
Buns, Melina Antonia. “Marching Activists: Transnational Lessons for Danish Anti-Nuclear Protest,” Environment & Society Portal, Arcadia (Summer 2017), no. 18. Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society.
A full list of publications can be found here.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Nordic countries, Central Europe
- Expertise by Geography
- Scandinavia, Western Europe
- Expertise by Chronology
- 8, 9
- Expertise by Topic
- Diplomacy, Environment, Government, Politics