- First Name
- Last Name
- United States
- CA California
- Independent Scholar
- Website URL
- History of the Middle East; Saudi Arabia and Iran; the Persian Gulf region; the Levant
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
Dr. Banafsheh Keynoush is an independent scholar and consultant. An academic for thirteen years, she taught courses at universities in the Bay Area and the East Coast, was a visiting scholar at Princeton University in 2017-2018, and conducted regular fieldwork in Iran and the Arab world.
As a consultant, Dr. Keynoush has advised the United Nations, UNHCR, ILO, think tanks, NGOs, US-based and global private-sector companies, CNN International, the World Bank, and a host of media outlets.
- Recent Publications
The author of Saudi Arabia and Iran: Friends or Foes? (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2016), translated into and published in Arabic and Persian, Dr. Banafsheh Keynoush is the editor of Iran’s Interregional Dynamics in the Near East (New York: Peter Lang, 2020). She is the author of numerous articles and book chapters on a range of policy issues regarding the Middle East, a regular public policy speaker, and a contributor to international news outlets. Her latest research focuses on interactions between the Middle East and Asia, Africa, and South and Latin America.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Kuwait, Turkey, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine
- Expertise by Geography
- Middle East
- Expertise by Chronology
- Modern, 20th century, 21st century
- Expertise by Topic
- Diplomacy, Government, Politics, Rebellion & Revolution, Religion