- First Name
- Last Name
- Website URL
- Memory, Commemoration, Military History, Imperial History, First World War, Second World War, Transnational History, Legal History
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- other credentials
- About Me
- I am an award-winning historian and researcher based in Melbourne. My primary historical focus is on the impact of conflict, particularly the world wars, but my interests extend across memory, commemoration, and material culture. I’m particularly interested in transnational histories, and in the stories that connect us. I completed a Master of Philosophy at the Australian National University, exploring the impact of the Great War on bereaved families, and their contributions to the collections of cultural institutions like the Australian War Memorial.
I have worked at sites ranging from a First World War battlefield to a Cold War bunker. My interpretive experience includes the Australian War Memorial (Australia), the Canadian National Vimy Memorial (northern France), and the Diefenbunker: Canada’s Cold War Museum (Canada).
The histories of conflict and (in)justice considered in my historical research contributed to my decision to study law. I am currently completing a Juris Doctor at the University of Melbourne, working to make the past present, but remain active in historical research.
- Recent Publications
My academic research has included the use of autograph books as a historical source, Canadian cultural memory of the Battle of Hong Kong, and the impact of the First World War on a family from Kyneton. I have also contributed to popular publications like Inside Story and History Today.
Beyond my own research, I’ve worked as an archival research assistant and on family history projects for clients, exploring war histories from Sri Lanka and Saskatchewan, among others. Most recently, I created a compendium of historical dialogue projects in Sri Lanka for the United Nations Resident Coordinator Office in Colombo.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Australia, Canada, India, Sri Lanka
- Expertise by Geography
- Australia, North America
- Expertise by Chronology
- 7, 8
- Expertise by Topic
- Family, Material Culture, Military, Museums, Public History, Women, World War I, World War II