- First Name
- Last Name
- United States
- MA Massachusetts
- Boston University
- Website URL
- 19th, 20th, and 21st c British history, British Catholic Social History, 19th & 20th century Im/migration (especially Southern New England), Micro-Genealogy, Atlantic World, LGBTQ+ Catholic history, London
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
I’m currently based in Massachusetts, although I’m a British/US citizen with expertise in the larger Atlantic world including Maritime Canada and Ireland. Happy to speak on Im/migration history, genealogy, Catholicism, LGBTQ+ British Catholics, and London from the 19th c onwards.
Outside of teaching, I have worked in Public history, most recently in the Royal Household at Buckingham Palace and Marble House/The Breakers for the Preservation Society of Newport County.
- Recent Publications
“The Manchester of America: Transmission of Northern Labor Unionism to Fall River, Massachusetts, 1880-1911” In English Ethnicity and Culture in North America by David Gleeson funded by the Arts & Humanities Research Council, United Kingdom (University of South Carolina Press: 2017).
“The Dynamic Classroom: Using ‘Reacting to the Past’ in Active Interdisciplinary Courses” Impact: The Journal of the Center for Interdisciplinary Teaching & Learning (Boston University, Summer 2020).
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- Atlantic, England, Ireland, United Kingdom, United States
- Expertise by Chronology
- 19th century, 20th century, 21st century
- Expertise by Topic
- Gender, Local & Regional, Migration & Immigration, Museums, Public History, Religion, Sexuality