- First Name
- Last Name
- United States
- University of Houston
- Website URL
- Modern Argentina, Peronism, consumer culture, gender and women, sexuality, destape, democratic transitions
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
- Recent Publications
Destape: Sex, Democracy, and Freedom in Postdictatorial Argentina (Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press, 2019).
- Winner of the 2020 Rocky Mountain Council for Latin American Studies (RMCLAS) Judy Ewell Award for Best Publication on Women’s History.
- 2020 Southeastern Council of Latin American Studies (SECOLAS) Alfred B. Thomas Book Award Honorable Mention for the best book on a Latin American subject.
Workers Go Shopping in Argentina: The Rise of Popular Consumer Culture (Albuquerque, NM: University of New Mexico Press, 2013).
- Winner of the Rocky Mountain Council for Latin American Studies (RMCLAS) Thomas McGann Book Award for the best book published in 2013.
- Winner of the 2015 Book Prize in the Social Sciences by the Southern Cone Studies Section of the Latin American Studies Association (LASA)
Cuando los trabajadores salieron de compras. Nuevos consumidores, publicidad y cambio cultural durante el primer peronismo (Buenos Aires: Siglo Veintiuno Editores, 2014).
- Argentina’s Academia Nacional de la Historia 2017 Honorable Mention Best History Book published in 2014-2015
“Sex and Democracy: The Meanings of the Destape in Postdictatorial Argentina,” Hispanic American Historical Review Vol. 99, No. 1, February 2019, pp. 91-122.
- Winner of the 2020 Western Association of Women Historians (WAWH) Judith Lee Prize that recognizes the best article in the field of history.
“Masculinities, Consumption, and Domesticity during the Perón Era,” in The Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Latin American History, edited by William Beezley (New York: Oxford University Press, 2019).
“A Man like You: Juan Domingo Perón and the Politics of Attraction in Mid-Twentieth-Century Argentina,” Gender and History, Vol. 26, No. 1, April 2014, pp. 84-104.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- Latin America
- Expertise by Chronology
- Expertise by Topic
- Gender, Sexuality, Women