- First Name
- Last Name
- United Kingdom
- University of East Anglia
- Website URL
- 8th Air Force, USAAF, WWII, twentieth century, aviation history, material culture, museums and heritage, military heritage, historical anthropology, conflict archaeology, muralism, war art
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- PhD student - relatively free to take on writing & fact-checking, subject to the demands of my PhD schedule.
- other credentials
- About Me
Hattie is a second year, AHRC-funded PhD student at the University of East Anglia, where she is researching the history and heritage of the 8th US Air Force in WWII. Her interest in the material legacies of everyday life at air bases in East Anglia developed from her BA in War Studies and her MA thesis, which explored the role of wall art in creating identity and domesticity at wartime bases.
Hattie’s specialisation is in the bombing war over Europe, the social history of East Anglia during WWII, and aviation heritage.
- Recent Publications
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- United Kingdom, United States of America
- Expertise by Geography
- British Isles, England, United Kingdom, United States
- Expertise by Chronology
- Expertise by Topic
- Art & Architectural History, Material Culture, Military, Museums, World War II