- First Name
- Last Name
- Bénazech Wendling
- Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes - PSL / GSRL-CNRS
- Website URL
- British and Irish History; Religion and Politics; Religious conversion; Missions; Colonization and Nationalism; Protestant History and Sociology; Education; Famine; Humanitarianism.
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- Lecturer and Research Assistant at the University of Strasbourg (firstname.lastname@example.org). Agrégée teacher with a 13-year experience.
- other credentials
- About Me
PhD candidate at the Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, PSL (Paris Sciences et Lettres), affiliated to the GSRL (Groupe Sociétés, Religions, Laïcités) du CNRS.
For my research, I am the recipient of the Region Ile-de-France Bursary for doctoral international mobility and have been awarded a Past & Present grant from the Royal Historical Society.
- Recent Publications
“A City upon a Hill”: The “Dingle Colony” of Converts and the Disruption of Traditional Communities in mid-19th-Century Ireland, Études irlandaises, no 44-2, 2019 – p. 77-93 (to be published).
“The Priest do their best to inflame the people”. Religious agents in Ireland, 1800-45: instigators of violence or peacemakers?, Violence: An international journal (under review).
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Ireland, United Kingdom
- Expertise by Geography
- British Isles, Ireland, United Kingdom
- Expertise by Chronology
- 19th century
- Expertise by Topic
- Colonialism, Emancipation, Food History, Pedagogy, Politics, Rebellion & Revolution, Religion, Women