- First Name
- Ashley E.
- Last Name
- New Zealand
- Girl Museum, Australian National University
- Website URL
- girls history, museum studies, girls in art history, 19th century art
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- other credentials
- About Me
I am currently a PhD student at the Australian National University in Interdisciplinary and Cross-Cultural Research in the Humanities Research Center. My research involves representations of girls in museum in art and history exhibitions and collections.
I also founded Girl Museum- the first and only museum in the world dedicated to the celebration of girlhood. We research and produce exhibition about girl culture and history.
- Recent Publications
Remer, A. and Tiffany Rhoades Isselhardt, Exploring American Girlhood through 50 Historic Treasures, Rowman & Littlefield Publishers (in process) 2020.
Remer, A. ’Lesson Object as Object Lesson: The Embroidery Sampler,’ Journal of the History of Childhood and Youth, Volume 12, Number 3, Summer 2019.
Remer, A. “#MeToo and Girlhood in Art,” Girl Museum (blog), January 5, 2018.
Remer, A. and Tiffany Rhoades, ‘Girl Museum: Using the Digital to Showcase Feminism in Cultural Heritage’, Feminism and Museums: Intervention, Disruption and Change, MuseumsEtc Ltd: Edinburgh, 2017.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- France, New Zealand, Pacific, United States, Western Europe
- Expertise by Chronology
- 18th century, 19th century, Early Modern
- Expertise by Topic
- Art & Architectural History, Children & Youth, Colonialism, Gender, Material Culture, Museums, Sexuality, Sexual Violence, Slavery, Women