- First Name
- Last Name
- University of Leeds
- Website URL
- labour history, chartism, print history, print culture, victorian, non-fiction, fashion,
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
I am a PhD Researcher based in the Schools of English and History at the University of Leeds. My research-council funded project, ‘Reading and Writing the Northern Star, 1837-1848,’ takes a literary approach to examining the way the leading newspaper of the Chartist movement was employed as a tool for communication and community-building.
My research expertise spans Britain in the late eighteenth century to the early twentieth. I am particularly interested in the culture of print and periodicals in Victorian Britain, politics and protest, and fashion and material culture of the long nineteenth century.
In addition to my PhD, I have taught an introductory poetry module for undergraduates at the University of Leeds. At present I am the research assistant for the AHRC-funded Letterpress Project, based at the School of English at the University of Leeds.
- Recent Publications
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- British Isles, England, United Kingdom
- Expertise by Chronology
- 18th century, 19th century, 20th century, 21st century
- Expertise by Topic
- Book History, Gender, Libraries & Archives, Material Culture, Politics, Public History, Sexuality, Sexual Violence, Women