- First Name
- Last Name
- United States
- DC District of Columbia
- Bullard Esq. Law, formerly professor of history at Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, U.C. Berkeley Ph.D.
- Website URL
- Human Rights, Women's Rights, Trafficking, Contemporary Slavery, West Africa, Mauritania, Transcultural Psychiatry, Feminism, D.C. statehood, shari'a, blasphemy, apostasy, scapegoating, crowd psychology
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
Alice Bullard, Ph.D & Esq. is a Washington DC based lawyer, with a practice in human rights, trafficking, personal status, and mediation. She serves clients in the USA and abroad. She has worked in human rights in West Africa since the late 1990s. From 1994 – 2007 Bullard was a professor of history at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta Georgia, where she co-founded the Human Rights Initiative with the generous sponsorship of the B Wardlaw Foundation. Her publications include Exile to Paradise, (Stanford University Press, 2000), Human Rights in Crisis, (Ashgate 2008), and Mauritania Look, The Struggle for Human Rights (IRA-USA 2014), as well as numerous essays.
Bullard earned her doctorate in history from the University of California, Berkleley and her juris doctorate from the Georgetown University Law Center. Bullard was a Fulbright Fellow in Paris, France, and has received more than twenty national and international fellowships and awards. She is licensed to practice law in Washington DC and Maryland.
Alice Bullard’s profile in Women in Foreign Policy is here.
- Recent Publications
Alice Bullard writes on contemporary slavery with emphasis on West Africa, the Sahel and North Africa (Magreb), feminism, shari’a, blasphemy, apostasy, human rights, climate change and human rights, the history of transcultural psychiatry and more. Her essays are available on academia.edu.
Her books include:
Exile to Paradise, (Stanford University Press, 2000),
Human Rights in Crisis, (Ashgate 2008),
Mauritania Look, The Struggle for Human Rights (IRA-USA 2014)
- Media Coverage
- Experienced with broadcast interviews via Reuters, CNN, and numerous other outlets.
- Country Focus
- Western Europe, France, French speaking lands (South Pacific, West Africa, North Africa), Washington D.C.
- Expertise by Geography
- Africa, France, United States, Western Europe
- Expertise by Chronology
- 19th century, 20th century, 21st century
- Expertise by Topic
- Environment, Human Rights, Law, Medicine, Race, Religion, Sexual Violence, Women