- First Name
- Esther Liberman
- Last Name
- United States
- University of Houston-Victoria
- Website URL
- medieval, medieval history, england, britain, medieval england, medieval britain, medievalism, popular culture, urban history, legal history, pedagogy, digital humanities
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
I am Assistant Professor of History at the University of Houston-Victoria and a historian of medieval and early modern Britain. I received a PhD in History from Fordham University. My current book project, The Making of Urban Law in Medieval England, focuses on the development of law in towns from the twelfth to the sixteenth centuries.
My research interests include the history of medieval Britain, law, urbanization, and medievalism (i.e., the middle ages in popular culture), and my teaching interests vary widely, ranging from medieval and modern Europe to global history, gender, and film.
For the 2022/23 academic year, I am in residence at the School of Historical Studies in the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton on an Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Fellowship for Assistant Professors.
- Recent Publications
View my current CV.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- British Isles, England, United Kingdom, United States, Western Europe
- Expertise by Chronology
- 1, 2, 6
- Expertise by Topic
- Gender, Law, Local & Regional, Pedagogy, Politics, Urban History