- First Name
- Last Name
- Castaldo Lundén
- Stockholm University
- Website URL
- red-carpet, Academy Awards, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Hollywood history, fashion, fashion news films, costume design, 20th Century, celebrity culture, popular culture, media history.
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org +46 (0) 763 1716 33
- About Me
I am a Doctor in Fashion Studies, graduated from the Center of Fashion Studies at Stockholm University. I hold an MA in Film Studies from the same institution and a BS in Public Relations from U.A.D.E, Argentina. I currently teach at the Department of Media Studies at Stockholm University.
My research addresses the interrelationship between Hollywood and the fashion industry, focusing on the circulation of cultural and economic capital that helped propel the global fashion system. I am particularly interested in the historical study of media ecologies and discourses originating in public relations, advertising, and other communication practices to understand how ideas travel into popular culture, manifesting in social and cultural phenomena. My work is heavily driven by archival research and informed by media and film historical scholarship. The transdisciplinary nature of my research integrates business, fashion, film, and media history.
My book, Fashion on the Red Carpet: A History of the Oscars and Globalisation is forthcoming by Edinburgh University Press. It traces the liaison between Hollywood and fashion institutions, understanding how public relations campaigns and the media articulated fashion discourses around the Oscars leading to the institutionalization of the red-carpet as a fashion event in its own right. I am currently working a research project for the study of fashion news film in collaboration with the Media Ecology Project.
- Recent Publications
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- United States
- Expertise by Geography
- North America, United States
- Expertise by Chronology
- 19th century, 20th century, 21st century
- Expertise by Topic
- American Presidents, Capitalism, Economic History, Gender, Libraries & Archives, Material Culture, Pedagogy, Technology, Urban History, Women, World War II