- First Name
- Last Name
- United States
- Ohio State University
- Website URL
- Early American History, Native American History, Indian Slavery, Slavery and Abolition, History of Capitalism, American Revolution
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- On leave through Aug. 19, 2019
- About Me
- Recent Publications
Brethren by Nature: New England Indians, Colonists, and the Origins of American Slavery (Cornell University Press, 2015; paperback 2016). Winner, 2016 James A. Rawley Prize for best book dealing with race relations in America, Organization of American Historians, and Peter Gomes Memorial Prize, Massachusetts Historical Society
From Dependency to Independence: Economic Revolution in Colonial New England (Cornell University Press, 1998; paperback edition 2015).
“What’s in a Name?” Reviews in American History (March 2019).
“Cruel Empires,” The Chronicle Review, Chronicle of Higher Education(December 16, 2016).
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- North America
- Expertise by Geography
- Latin America, North America, United States
- Expertise by Chronology
- 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Expertise by Topic
- American Revolution, American Founding Era, Colonialism, Economic History, Emancipation, Indigenous Peoples, Labor, Politics, Race, Rebellion & Revolution, Slavery