- First Name
- Last Name
- United States
- WI Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
- Website URL
- technology, science, oceans, oceanography, research vessels, ships, oceanographers, instruments
- No Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
Historian of science and technology, especially technologies of ocean science, and assistant professor of global history of science and technology at University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.
- Recent Publications
2017 “Meteorology as Nationalism on the German Atlantic Expedition, 1925-1927.” History of Meteorology 8, Relocating Meteorology: 124-144.
2016 “Every Ship a Floating Observatory: Matthew Fontaine Maury and the Acquisition of Knowledge at Sea.” In Soundings and Crossings: Doing Science at Sea 1800-1970, edited by Katharine Anderson and Helen M. Rozwadowski (Sagamore Beach, MA: Science History Publications/Watson Publishing International): 17-48.
2016 “Matthew Fontaine Maury: Scientist.” In “Forum: Reconsidering Matthew Fontaine Maury,” International Journal of Maritime History 28, no. 2 (May 2016): 402-410.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Global ocean
- Expertise by Geography
- Germany, United Kingdom, United States
- Expertise by Chronology
- 19th century, Modern, 20th century, 21st century
- Expertise by Topic
- Environment, Science, Technology