- First Name
- Last Name
- United Kingdom
- Independent Scholar
- Website URL
- Early modern literature and culture, religious history, economic history, theatre history, Shakespeare and his contemporaries, women's history, humoral science, commonwealth history.
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- Regularly available for contact and content.
- About Me
I was awarded my PhD by the English department at the University of Sussex in 2015. My thesis was entitled ‘Things ‘Necessary’ and ‘Unnecessary’: Trash and Trifles in Early Modern England’. In this work, I examined the shifting representation, and developing use, of the terms trash and trifles in the literature and art of early modern England in response to various crises in spiritual, mercantile and cultural value.
I am now a freelance researcher and lecturer.
- Recent Publications
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- England, North America, United Kingdom, Western Europe
- Expertise by Chronology
- Expertise by Topic
- American Founding Era, Capitalism, Colonialism, Economic History, Gender, Medicine, Public History, Religion, Science, Women