- First Name
- Last Name
- University of Calgary
- Website URL
- Anglo Saxon, Vikings, early medieval Europe, early medieval warfare, manuscripts
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
I primarily work on the Anglo Saxon period of England and look at migration and cultural exchange and how this is represented in written and material evidence.
- Early Germanic migration and how the first settlers and conquerors set up states in the 6th to 8th centuries.
- Viking and Anglo Saxon conflict in the 9th to 11th centuries, and how this is represented in contemporary history writing.
I also work on book history, and have written on manuscripts across the medieval period, including early charters, the magna carta, late medieval manuscript production across Europe.
- Recent Publications
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- British Isles, England, Scandinavia
- Expertise by Chronology
- Expertise by Topic
- Book History, Material Culture, Migration & Immigration, Military, Public History