- First Name
- Last Name
- United States
- VA Virginia
- The College of William & Mary
- Website URL
- Early America, Public History, Digital Humanities, Women's History, Intellectual history, Cookbooks, Print culture, Food history
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- other credentials
- About Me
I am currently working on my PhD at the College of William & Mary. My research focuses on 17th and 18th century women’s intellectual history.
I am currently working on a project about the Woman’s Christian Temperance Union and the suffrage movement from 1898-1920, a project which evolved from my work with the Frances Willard House Museum in Evanston, IL.
I am the co-creator of Explore Common Sense, a digital critical edition of the first British edition of Thomas Paine’s pamphlet.
Prior to beginning my doctoral work, I received my MA in Public History from Loyola University Chicago and my BA in History from Boston College.
- Recent Publications
Explore Common Sense: www.explorecommonsense.com
More Than A Kitchen-Aid: The Elizabeth Capell Cookbook: https://mediakron.bc.edu/capellmanuscript
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- North America, United States
- Expertise by Chronology
- 17th century, 18th century, 19th century
- Expertise by Topic
- American Revolution, American Founding Era, Book History, Food History, Public History, Women