- First Name
- Last Name
- United Kingdom
- Website URL
- Henry VI, wars of the roses, fifteenth century, women’s history of medieval period, Margaret Beaufort, medieval women, Tudor women, Tudor period, Henry VIII, costumed interpretation, heritage interpretation
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- other credentials
- About Me
A historian, costumed interpreter and author with over a decade of experience working in the heritage industry and a Double First in History from Oxford University.
Particularly interested in Women’s History in the late medieval period, which was the focus of my Masters in Medieval Historical Research (Oxford University, 2007).
- Recent Publications
* ‘Shadow King: The Life and Death of Henry VI’ (Head of Zeus, 2019).
* ‘So Great a Prince: England the Accession of Henry VIII‘, a non-fiction exploration of daily life for king and country in 1509 (Head of Zeus, 2016/ Pegasus, 2017).
* ‘The Arrow of Sherwood’, historical fiction rooting the myth of Robin Hood in the reality of the Twelfth Century (Pen & Sword Fiction, 2013).
* Have written pieces for BBC History magazine, History Today, All About History, Open Democracy 50:50, Labour List, On the Tudor Trail, English Historical Fiction Authors.
* ‘WordPress Freshly Pressed’ for a piece on the Jack the Ripper ‘Museum’ and the importance of working class women’s history.
* Writer of ‘Lady Unknown‘, an immersive, site-responsive piece of theatre exploring the work of Angela Burdett Coutts, and her philanthropic friendship with Charles Dickens. Supported with funding from the Arts and Humanities Research Council, the play was performed in the Charles Dickens Museum 2015.
- Media Coverage
- Have appeared as contributor for BBC, ITV and C4 as well as radio.
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- England, France
- Expertise by Chronology
- 1, 2
- Expertise by Topic
- Public History, Women