- First Name
- Amy Louise
- Last Name
- United Kingdom
- University of Cambridge
- Website URL
- https://www.hist.cam.ac.uk/directory/dr-amy-erickson, campop.geog.cam.ac.uk, citywomen.hist.cam.ac.uk
- early modern, women, economic, labour, property, entrepreneur
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
- Recent Publications
‘Esther Sleepe, fanmaker, and her family’, Special issue on the Burney Family, Eighteenth-Century Life 42:2 (April 2018), 15-37 muse.jhu.edu/article/693110.
‘Mistresses and marriage; or, A short history of the Mrs’, History Workshop Journal 78 (2014), 39-57 https://doi.org/10.1093/hwj/dbt002.
‘Eleanor Mosley and other milliners in the City of London companies 1700-1750’, History Workshop Journal 71 (2011), 147-72 https://doi.org/10.1093/hwj/dbq053.
‘Married women’s occupations in eighteenth-century London’, Continuity & Change 23:2 (2008), 267-307 https://doi.org/10.1017/S0268416008006772.
‘The marital economy in comparative perspective’ in Maria Ågren and A. L Erickson (eds) The Marital Economy in Scandinavia and Britain 1400-1900 (Ashgate, 2005).
‘Coverture and capitalism’, History Workshop Journal 59 (2005), 1-16 https://doi.org/10.1093/hwj/dbi001.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- Expertise by Chronology
- 17th century, 18th century, Early Modern
- Expertise by Topic
- Economic History, Labor, Public History, Urban History, Women