- First Name
- Aleen Leigh
- Last Name
- Nova Scotia Museum; University of York (UK)
- Website URL
- cultural landscapes, music, migration, heritage, craftsmanship, trade skills
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- other credentials
- About Me
- Recent Publications
“The Invisible Island: Immigration, Environment, and a New Europe on Big Island, Nova Scotia”: Coauthored with Dr. David Duke, Acadiensis: The Journal of the History of the Atlantic Region (forthcoming, Winter/Spring 2019).
“Coastal Conversations: A Study in Islandness on Big Island, Nova Scotia”: currently in preparation as NSM Curatorial Report ePublication (forthcoming 2019).
“Craftsmanship, the Craft Crisis, and Lessons from the Family Boatbuilding Movement”: currently in peer review, APT Bulletin: The Journal of Preservation Technology.
“In the Round: The Circular Heritage of Country Music”: Coauthored with Dr. John Schofield, currently in peer review, International Journal of Heritage Studies.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Britain & North America
- Expertise by Geography
- Atlantic, British Isles, North America, United Kingdom, United States
- Expertise by Chronology
- 19th century, 20th century, 21st century
- Expertise by Topic
- Art & Architectural History, Environment, Local & Regional, Migration & Immigration, Museums, Religion