- First Name
- Last Name
- United States
- AL Alabama
- Associate Professor University of Alabama
- Website URL
- Modern France, Gender, Culture, Beauty, Celebrity, Consumer Society, Fashion
- No Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
- Recent Publications
The Force of Beauty: Transforming French Ideas of Femininity in the Third Republic (Baton Rouge, LSU Press: June 2015).
“Authorizing Fictions: Narrating a Self in Mistinguett’s Celebrity Memoir,” French Historical Studies (2019) 42 (2): 295-322. . https://read.dukeupress.edu/french-historical-studies/article/42/2/295/137707/Authorizing-FictionsNarrating-a-Self-in
“European Celebrity in Historical Perspective.” Contemporary European History 28, no. 2 (2019): 273–82. doi:10.1017/S0960777318000565.
“Between Venus and Mercury: The 1920s Beauty Contest in France and America,” French Politics, Culture, and Society Vol. 31, No. 1 (Spring 2013): 47-68.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- Expertise by Chronology
- 19th century, Modern, 20th century
- Expertise by Topic
- Gender, Material Culture, Sexuality, Women