- First Name
- Last Name
- United States
- MO Missouri
- Lindenwood University and The Modern Classic Society; Founder, Independent researcher, curator & fashion Historian
- Website URL
- Fashion & textile history, Clothing & textiles, Women & gender history, Women entrepreneurship history, Oral histories, Curator & archivist, Women higher education history/leadership, History of African American women social clubs
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- other credentials
- About Me
Lisa S. Thompson of St. Louis, Missouri earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Human and Environmental Sciences with an emphasis in Textile and Apparel Management from University of Missouri-Columbia, a Master of Arts degree in Family and Consumer Science Education, and a Master of Arts degree in Special Reading from Fontbonne University. She also earned an Educational Specialist degree in Instructional Leadership with emphasis in K-12 Literacy Education from Lindenwood University. Thompson’s interests include recording oral histories related to fashion as a culture and women’s history depicted through dress. She also is an independent researcher, curator, fashion historian and stylist for The Modern Classic Society, a non-for-profit organization she operates specializing in the collecting of historical/vintage era clothing and textile pieces for teaching and learning experiences.
Lisa S. Thompson received her doctorate, Ed.D from Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO in Educational Administration with an emphasis in Higher Education Leadership.
- Recent Publications
Thompson, L. (2018). Nelly Don: An Educational Leader ( Doctoral Dissertation).
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- United States & Caribbean
- Expertise by Geography
- Caribbean, United States
- Expertise by Chronology
- Modern, 20th century, 21st century
- Expertise by Topic
- Economic History, Gender, Higher Ed, Libraries & Archives, Local & Regional, Women