- First Name
- Last Name
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona
- Website URL
- India, South Asia, British empire, imperialism, colonialism, anticolonialism, decolonisation, gender, masculinity, Indian princely states, Indian kingship, Baroda, the body, visual culture, South Asian diasporas
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
I am a historian of Modern South Asia based at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF), Barcelona, where I am a Juan de la Cierva-Incorporación Postdoctoral Fellow. My research on nineteenth and twentieth-century India explores several often overlapping topics: the princely states, the political and cultural exchanges between the Indian subcontinent and Europe, gender and masculinity, and visual culture.
I hold a PhD in History from the University of Cambridge. After my PhD, I was a postdoctoral fellow at the Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS), Delhi (with an ICAS:MP fellowship, awarded by the M. S. Merian – R. Tagore International Centre of Advanced Studies) and at UPF (with a Juan de la Cierva-Formación Fellowship by the Government of Spain). At UPF, I am a member of the Department of Humanities and the Jaume Vicens i Vives Institute of History (IHJVV).
Profile: UPF (Department of Humanities)
Profile: UPF (Scientific Output)
- Recent Publications
Please see the Publications page on my website.
- Media Coverage
- Please see the Public engagement page on my website (https://tseguragarcia.com/publicengagement/)
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- Asia, India
- Expertise by Chronology
- 5, 7, 8, 9
- Expertise by Topic
- Children & Youth, Colonialism, Family, Gender, Migration & Immigration, Politics, Public History, Race, Sexuality, Women