- First Name
- Last Name
- United States
- Berry College
- Website URL
- Modern Latin America, Argentina, Buenos Aires, Cold War, militarism, authoritarianism, urbanism, environmentalism, cities, protest, urban planning, modernity
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
Assistant Professor of History at Berry College.
Expertise: Modern Latin America, militarism and authoritarian regimes, Argentina, Buenos Aires, urban and environmental history, modernity, and the Cold War.
Courses Taught: World History Since 1550, Colonial Latin America, Modern Latin America, Modern Mexico, Environmental History, Introduction to Latin American Studies, and Militarism in Latin America.
- Recent Publications
- Beyond the Dirty War: Urban Reforms and Protest in Buenos Aires, 1976-1983. Manuscript in progress.
- “U.S.-Argentine Relations,” in Oxford Research Encyclopedias in History (Fall2016).
- “Clean, Fast, and Green: Urban Reforms in Buenos Aires and Cold War Ideologies, 1976-1983.” Urban History, Vol 42, No 4 (Nov 2015): 646-662.
- “The Other Dirty War: Cleaning up Buenos Aires during the Last Dictatorship (1976-1983),” in Beyond the Eagle’s Shadow: New Histories of Latin America’s Cold War. Mark A. Lawrence, Virginia Garrard-Burnett, and Julio E. Moreno, eds. (University of New Mexico Press, 2013).
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- Latin America
- Expertise by Chronology
- Expertise by Topic
- Art & Architectural History, Environment, Local & Regional, Military, Urban History