- First Name
- Tomoe I.M.
- Last Name
- University of Zurich & Tuebingen
- Website URL
- History of culture and art, visual culture, material culture of religion, Japan, Imperialism, Colonialism, Est-West discourse, 19th century, Shingon Buddhism, Buddhism
- Additional Contact Information
- On leave until April 2023
- other credentials
- About Me
- Recent Publications
Declaring Buddhism dead in the 19th century: The Meiji Oligarchy and German Protestant Mission in Japan. East Asian Journal of Philosophy (EAJP), 2023
Kanda Sōtei. The Shogun’s Sacred Painters and their Realm of Influence. Japanese Journal of Religious Studies (JJRS) 2020/12 (https://nirc.nanzan-u.ac.jp/nfile/4839)
2014 – Tokens of the Path. Japanese Devotional and Pilgrimage Images: The Wilfried Spinner Collection. @ Völkerkundemuseum Zürich.
2008 – Temple Treasures of a Sacred Mountain: Daigo-Ji – the Secret Buddhism in Japan. @ Kunst- und Ausstellungshalle der Bundesrepublik Deutschland, Bonn.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Japan, Switzerland, Germany, Europe-Asia relations in history
- Expertise by Geography
- Asia, Germany, Japan, Western Europe
- Expertise by Chronology
- Ancient, 5, 6
- Expertise by Topic
- Art & Architectural History, Colonialism, Higher Ed, Indigenous Peoples, Material Culture, Museums, Religion