- First Name
- Last Name
- United States
- California State University, East Bay
- Website URL
- Catholicism, German Catholics, Northwest Germany, Westphalian History, Global Catholicism, Society of Jesus, Baroque Culture and Art, Material Culture and Politics
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
My research is concerned with the political implications of Baroque Culture, specifically architecture, art, and history writing. I concentrate on The Northwestern Holy Roman Empire, which was religiously mixed.
I hold a Ph.D. in European history, and I work in CSUEB’s Liberal Studies program, where most of my students are aspiring k-8 teachers. I teach world history with a focus on the early modern world.
- Recent Publications
“Catechization and Catholicization: A Comparison of Two German Jesuit Plays on the Life of St. Augustine.” Journal of Jesuit Studies 1 (2014): 216-230.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Germany/Holy Roman Empire
- Expertise by Geography
- Germany, Western Europe
- Expertise by Chronology
- 2, 3, 4
- Expertise by Topic
- Material Culture, Politics, Religion