- First Name
- Last Name
- United States
- California State University, Fresno
- Website URL
- Women, gender, Black women, Cuba, Latin America, Caribbean, African Diaspora, political traditions, visual culture, history of feminism
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
- Recent Publications
Black Women, Citizenship, and the Making of Modern Cuba (forthcoming May 2021 with the University Press of Florida).
“Women, Gender, and the Partido Independiente de Color.” In Breaking the Chains, Making the Nation: The Black Cuban Fight for Freedom and Equality, 1812-1912. Eds. Fannie T. Rushing and Aisha Finch, 272-288 (Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 2019).
“‘In the general interest of all conscious women’: Race, Class, and the Cuban Women’s Movement, 1923-1939.” Cuban Studies 46(2018): 159-182.
“Eusebia Cosme and Black Womanhood on the Transatlantic Stage.” Meridians: Feminism, Race, Transnationalism Vol. 15, No. 2 (2017): 389-411.
“‘Writing’ Black Womanhood in the Early Cuban Republic, 1904-1916.” Gender and History Vol. 28, Issue 2 (August 2016): 480-500.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- Atlantic, Caribbean, Latin America
- Expertise by Chronology
- 5, 8
- Expertise by Topic
- Emancipation, Gender, Labor, Politics, Race, Women