- First Name
- Last Name
- University of New England (Australia)
- Website URL
- Environmental History, Environmental Humanities, Colonial History, Countercultural History, Peace Studies
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
I am a lecturer in the School of Humanities at the University of New England (UNE). My research interests lie within the environmental humanities and include Anthropocene dialogues, environmental peace, environmental advocacy and Australian environmental history, with a specific focus on counterculture and activism.
- Recent Publications
Vanessa Bible, Terania Creek and the Forging of Modern Environmental Activism, Palgrave Macmillan, Cham, 2018.
Vanessa Bible, ‘‘May the Long Time Sun Shine Upon You’: A short history of eco-arts in the Northern Rivers’ in Building Sustainability With the Arts, David Curtis (ed.), Cambridge Scholars Press, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 2017, pp. 37-48.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- Expertise by Chronology
- 18th century, 19th century, 20th century, 21st century
- Expertise by Topic
- Colonialism, Environment, Gender, Genocide, Government, Indigenous Peoples, Local & Regional, Politics, Rural & Agrarian History, Sexuality, Women