- First Name
- Last Name
- United States
- NY New York
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Website URL
- fur trade, memory, commemoration, indigenous, colonialism
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
I’m a historian and higher education administrator. I study the North American Fur Trade, North American Indigenous history, memory and commemoration, historiographical legacies, and Indigenous and environmental histories of North America.
- Recent Publications
Carolyn Podruchny and Stacy Nation-Knapper, “Fur Trades.” Oxford Research Encyclopedia of American History (November 2016).
“Shoes, Canoes, and Lives in Unexpected Archives: Searching in Fur Trade Ledgers beyond the Hudson’s Bay Company Archives.” Past Imperfect 19 (2016): 35-54.
“’Like putting birds in a cage’: Territory and the Troubled Life of a Spokane Oral History.” Pacific Northwest Quarterly 106 (Summer 2015): 120-38.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- North America, United States
- Expertise by Chronology
- 18th century, 19th century, 20th century
- Expertise by Topic
- Colonialism, Environment, Indigenous Peoples, Public History