- First Name
- Last Name
- NY New York
- New York University
- Website URL
- History of Science, Museums, Collecting, Botany, Plants, Natural History, Art, Aesthetics, Architecture, Material Culture, Animals, Colonialism, Anthropocene, Gender, Sexuality, Race, Technology
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
- Recent Publications
“Coded Colours: Botanical Histories of Colour Standardization,” The Site Magazine 40.2 (2019).
“The Curiosity Corporation that Defined Colonialism,” Hyperallergic (2019).
“Using AI to Produce ‘Impossible’ Tulips,” Hyperallergic (2019).
“It Is Disturbing to Find / The Man on the Moon,” The Public Domain Review (2018).
“Noble Rot,” Cabinet Magazine 64 (2018).
“Richard Spruce and the Trials of Victorian Bryology,” The Public Domain Review: Selected Essays, Vol. III (New York: PDR Press, 2016).
“Hunting Gorillas in the Land of Cannibals,” The Appendix 2.2 (2014).
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- Australia, England, Netherlands, Pacific, Southeast Asia
- Expertise by Chronology
- 18th century, 19th century, Early Modern, Modern
- Expertise by Topic
- Art & Architectural History, Book History, Colonialism, Gender, Indigenous Peoples, Libraries & Archives, Material Culture, Museums, Public History, Race, Science, Sexuality, Technology, Women