- First Name
- Last Name
- United States
- NC North Carolina
- UNC Charlotte
- Website URL
- History of Women and Gender, Religious History, History of the Netherlands, the Low Countries, the Dutch Revolt, History of Sexuality
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
- Recent Publications
Rape in the Dutch Republic, 1609-1725: Formulating Dutch Identity. Leiden, The Netherlands: Brill, 2013.
Dissenting Daughters: Reformed Women’s Religious and Political Activism, 1550-1700 (in progress).
Women and Gender in the Early Modern Low Countries, 1500-1750, book co-edited with Sarah Moran (forthcoming Brill).
Article and Chapters:
“Women’s Writing in the Dutch Revolt: The Religious Authority and Political Agenda of the Devout Teellinck Women in Zierikzee, 1554-1625,” forthcoming in Women and Gender in the Early Modern Low Countries.
“‘They were not humans, but devils in human bodies’: Depictions of Sexual Violence and Spanish Tyranny as a Means of Fostering Identity in the Dutch Republic,” Journal of Early Modern History 13 (2009): 229-264.
“Every Woman’s Fear: Stories of Rape and Dutch Identity in the Golden Age,” Tijdschrijft voor Geschiedenis 122 (2009): 290-305.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- Expertise by Geography
- England, France, Germany, Netherlands
- Expertise by Chronology
- Pre-17th century, 17th century, Early Modern
- Expertise by Topic
- Book History, Gender, Libraries & Archives, Politics, Religion, Sexuality, Sexual Violence, Women