- First Name
- Last Name
- United States
- Colorado State University
- Website URL
- Chesapeake Bay; USA; Environmental History; French Caribbean; Colonialism; France
- Media Contact
- Additional Contact Information
- About Me
I am an historical anthropologist, sociocultural (and applied) anthropologist, and linguistic anthropologist.
I specialize in human stratification, drawing upon mixed methods that include archival research, oral-historical field research, ethnographic research, mixed methods, and discourse analysis.
My field sites have included: France (northern, 19th century), French Guiana, Haiti, and Tangier Island in the Chesapeake Bay (USA)
- Recent Publications
Articles and book in process
2020 A Time To Every Purpose: Kinship, Privilege, and Succession on a Disappearing Island. Doctoral Dissertation in Anthropology, University of Arizona.
- Media Coverage
- Country Focus
- France; USA; French Guiana; Haiti
- Expertise by Geography
- Atlantic, Caribbean, France, United States
- Expertise by Chronology
- 5, 8, 9
- Expertise by Topic
- Colonialism, Environment, Family, Labor, Local & Regional, Race, Science, Slavery